Suns 和 Nash达成口头协议,5年65M

[此贴子已经被作者于2004-9-20 8:28:38编辑过]

柳如烟 发表于 2004-7-2 10:30:00

倒死............................
昏迷不醒中....

柳如烟 发表于 2004-7-2 10:33:00

竟然去了全联盟我最不熟悉的队伍....

(众:全联盟你到底熟悉几个?某烟:汗....)

PS:插花一下,nash这个姓是现在中东地区的一个地名,那里出土的"纳什蒲草"是关于圣经的最早抄本之一.
偶家纳什哥竟然是纸片...

楣豆 发表于 2004-7-2 10:33:00

平均1300W/年,烟大还不满意?哈哈

柳如烟 发表于 2004-7-2 10:39:00

这点很满意~~哇卡卡~~~
偶家纳什哥总算拿到符合自己实力的薪水了~~
小牛死扣,才给500万一年,怎么养家糊口啊~~

看来小牛三剑客已成昨日黄花了啊~

楣豆 发表于 2004-7-2 10:42:00

Nash对ESPN说他“既激动又有点难过”.“我很难过要离开我的队友,但是我也很高兴能够去真正需要我的球队去打球。”

口头协议达成后,Nash马上给Nowitzki和Finley打了电话。Cuban不愿意给Nash多于四年的合同,因为他认为30岁的Nash身体上不能再承受32分钟的一场比赛。
7月14号之后球队才能和球员正式签约,到时候工资帽也会定下来。在这之前球队球员之间只能达成口头协议。

Nash在周三早上与Cuban见了面。包括主席Jerry Colangelo,总裁Bryan Colangelo,新老板Robert Sarver以及Amare Stoudmerire在内的Suns的代表团随后与Nash进行了商谈。Amare和Nash拥有同一个经纪人Duffy。

Nash曾在1996年被Suns选中后被trade走。Nash一直没有卖掉他在Phoenix的房子。
Suns签下Nash意味着他们退出了Kobe的竞争。在周三晚上,曾有报道说PHX给Kobe提供了6年$100 mil的合同。

柳如烟 发表于 2004-7-2 10:54:00

包括主席Jerry Colangelo,总裁Bryan Colangelo,新老板Robert Sarver以及Amare Stoudmerire在内的Suns的代表团随后与Nash进行了商谈……

真是大张旗鼓……
怪不得说是“真正需要我的球队”。

恭喜纳什哥,拼命口水。

kawatine 发表于 2004-7-2 11:02:00

Nash还是很好用的~虽然打球的样子在我看来很丑~

柳如烟 发表于 2004-7-2 11:06:00

还是觉得有点悲哀啊~~

想起小牛的三人组,那样动人的默契哈……

555纳什哥~~

柳如烟 发表于 2004-7-3 12:04:00

北京时间7月2日,NBA自由人市场又传来重量级的交易。小牛队“三巨头”之一的组织后卫纳什与太阳队达成了5年6500万美元的合同,离开达拉斯,回到8年前从选秀大会挑中他的太阳队。

如果小牛队能拿出相同的合约,那纳什还是小牛的人,但一向大方的小牛老板库班这次却成了“铁公鸡”,拒绝留下纳什。他只愿意与纳什续约4年,而且年薪也不如太阳的高。尽管纳什希望留在小牛队,但在“经济效益”面前只好选择走人。

自由球员要到7月14日才能与球队正式签约,不过纳什加盟太阳已经成为不可改变的事实。纳什在了联盟中拿了几年低工资后,终于转正,一举从“贫民阶级”奔入“小康”。

加拿大人纳什在1996年首轮第15位被太阳队选中,两年后他被交换到小牛。在完成了三年新秀合同后,小牛与纳什续约6年,但纳什最后一年有选择权。纳什的9年合同总共达到3660多万美元,平均年薪为400万左右,在NBA只能算是“贫民”。到太阳队后,纳什平均年薪达到1300万美元,可以算是“小康水平”了。

今年纳什选择了成为自由人,但他仍然表达了想留在小牛的愿望。在小牛队告别常规赛时,纳什说:“我想每个人都乐观地认为我将成为球队的一部分,我当然也希望成为其中一部分,我觉得这不是我在这里的最后时刻。”纳什想错了,小牛老板库班对他已经有所失望,不愿意花大价钱留他。

上赛季纳什平均每场14.5分、8.8次助攻和3个篮板,他还拿到了职业生涯第一个“三双”。他的加盟,将给太阳队后卫线带来经验,年轻的巴博萨等人将退居替补席。

太阳队此举也表明了他们已经放弃对湖人后卫科比的追逐。在签纳什之前,太阳队今年还有1630万美元的薪金空间,签下纳什后,他们已经很难再追求大牌球员。

纳什的经纪人比尔-达菲说纳什对离开小牛队“非常动情”,“他不断地说到芬利和诺维茨基,”达菲说,“他把这两人当作最好的朋友,因此他非常动情。但从生意角度来说,必须控制感情。”

库班虽然不想花大价钱留纳什,但对他的离去也有些不舍,“马克-库班对纳什所做出的贡献非常感激,他也很动情,”达菲说,“两人通了电话。”

太阳队有12人前往小牛队,其中包括老板罗伯特-萨维尔、总裁杰里-科朗洛格、总经理布莱恩-科朗洛格以及球员斯塔德迈尔等人,纳什与未来的合作伙伴一一见面。达成协议后,太阳队的一行12人乘私人飞机到了菲尼克斯,而纳什也乘飞机回老家。

柳如烟 发表于 2004-7-3 12:07:00

发现纳什哥人缘不错,口水啊口水,留言版上一阵哀号

楣豆 发表于 2004-7-4 12:42:00

掘金和坎比续约,另外还在追求快船的里查德森和马刺的吉诺比利,还有蓝网的肯扬马丁

坚决支持马丁去西部,让大家看看他被TD,KG,司机,CW4,布兰德.....(太多了,我数不过来)等PF暴扁的镜头,也让大家看看没有基德他是个什么样的货色

楣豆 发表于 2004-7-5 08:25:00

关于Kobe的一则流言

其他论坛看到的,不知是真是假

关于Kobe的消息:
Kobe的代理人告诉太阳队,kobe肯定要留在洛杉矶,
如果他亲手选择的教练Krzyzewsky能够成功在湖人执
教,他会留在湖人队;否则就是他的第二选择:洛杉
矶快船;

Kobe还说:如果O'Neal能够从湖人消失,他就会马上
离开自由人名单,真是不共戴天啊

此外,不论是湖人还是快船,Kobe都想要马龙伴行,但
马龙前些天说:我是来投奔OK的,不是O,也不是K,而
是OK在一起的

楣豆 发表于 2004-7-5 08:27:00

另外听说NY给了Crawford 6年37M的offer ,托马斯真有钱啊

楣豆 发表于 2004-7-5 10:04:00

库班关于放走纳什的解释

“How could you let Steve Nash go?”It’s a question I’m going to hear for a long time. It’s a question Mavs fans deserve an answer to. As best I can, I will try to go through all the logical, illogical, emotional and financial scenarios that we explored in putting together the offer that we thought would keep Steve a Dallas Maverick for the rest of his career.

In the beginning….

When I first got to the Mavs, Steve’s name was one that was often included in our trade proposals. At the time, he was an often injured, unproven point guard of a team that hadn’t been to the playoffs in 10 years with a brand new, long-term contract. As is often the case in the NBA, the best deals are the ones that you don’t do. During and following the ‘99-’00 season, we explored several deals that included Steve. In every single case, no team wanted Steve and his contract. It seems so stupid looking back. It also seems like it was only yesterday. It was almost 5 years ago.

That’s the thing about the NBA, seasons don’t go by quickly, but the years do. One day a player is untradeable from a perennial loser, the next day he is a star on a perennial playoff team…and vice versa.Fortunately, we didn’t become a victim of our stupidity.The talent, work ethic and perseverance that Donnie and Nellie saw in Steve blossomed.

Steve went from a player that was booed by Dallas fans as an overpaid failure, to a two-time all star loved by everyone who knows him or watches him play. I felt the same way. Steve was more than just a player on our team for me as well. We got to be friends. My first year, when we visited Vancouver and Phoenix, he made sure his friends became my friends. They still are.How can you not have a great time with and love a guy whose best friends include a guy named SmallBalls, and another guy who goes out with us wearing a shirt that says “I F**ked Your Boyfriend”?

Three years in a row we were part of a Mavs group that went to the All Star game together, and had a great time. Although we didn’t really get a chance to socialize during this past season, Steve was one of the players I could phone and use as a sounding board. Whether the team was going well or poorly, we could talk about anything and everything that was happening with the team, knowing it would be honest and confidential. This past year was difficult for all of us, and we talked more than usual, I know it helped me.I think it helped Steve as well

I guess this was all a way of saying that I wanted — and expected — Steve to be a Maverick for life. Making that happen meant having to deal with contracts and agents, and that’s often where things get difficult.

With Steve in an option year of his contract, our first opportunity was to extend his contract. The process started during the season when we asked his agent, Bill Duffy, if he would consider allowing Steve to accept an extension. We said we would extend him out the full term that we were allowed — 6 years. Financially, we would be able to increase his salary by the 12pct base (This means we take 12pct times his last year salary, and then we can increase his salary by that same amount each year). The upside to Steve would be the certainty of having the extension, and the protection against a career ending or impacting injury during the season that might affect his value as a free agent.

Bill and Steve decided that it wasn’t in Steve’s best interest. That was understandable. It also meant that Steve knew he was going to be a free agent. Coming off a year where we went to the Western Conference Finals, and he made the All-Star team, it made sense.

At that point, we both decided separately, and agreed together, not to negotiate during the season. To me, that was a good thing. Steve couldn’t officially become a free agent until he opted out, by getting the message to the media, it would reduce the continuous barrage of questions from them. Hearing the same question over and over and over and over, even though you give the same answer over and over and over is distracting, draining and a waste of everyone’s time.

On top of the media, I don’t have the greatest relationship with his agent. I’m not a big fan of his and he knows it. There have been multiple times where we have expressed an interest in players of his, and he has placed them other places without even talking to us first. I’m not sure how or why we got to this point, but last summer was a perfect example. We asked him about Olowakandi, and he told us he didn’t think he would be available for the mid-level exception. Next thing you know, he signs for the mid-level exception with the TWolves. That’s his choice, but I don’t think he even presented the Mavs as an option to Mike.

Bottom line, I felt that my relationship with his agent could create tension, and I didn’t want that during the season. To the credit of Steve and Duffy, it didn’t.

Which brings us to July 1st — the first day of Free Agency.

Steve and his girlfriend had spent the summer traveling overseas. We exchanged a few emails, and he let us know that he would be back June 30th.

We asked Steve’s agent to get us information on how much money he was looking for. Not unexpectedly, rather than giving us “his price”, he faxed us a presentation that really set the tone for what we were up against. These presentations, which agents love to do, would get laughed at in any normal business environment. They show all kinds of numbers and stats reflecting a player’s performance. What makes them unusable from our perspective is, as you would expect from a player’s agent, it only shows the numbers that reflect the player’s performance positively. It’s not an honest assessment at all. What makes these presentations dangerous is that they always only include salary comparisons that only include players whose salaries are at the top of the pay scale.The performance comparisons included Chauncey Billups, Sam Cassell, Jason Williams, Gary Peyton, Tony Parker and Rafer Alston among other point guards, but the salary “comps” only included those point guards who were maxed out or very close — Jason Kidd, Baron Davis, Mike Bibby, etc. What makes these things dangerous is that the agents show them to the players and use them to set the players’ contract expectations.

It’s easy to find stats that make Steve Nash look good. There are a ton of them. It’s easy to see the intangibles that make Steve Nash valuable. What is difficult is to make honest assessments about where the team is and where it is going and how Steve or any player fits into a championship.

On the intangibles side, Steve is a great guy to have in the locker room. He gets along with everyone. He isn’t going to give a locker room speech. He isn’t going to get in anyone’s face. He isn’t going to get into other people’s business. He is definitely what I would call a quiet leader. He leads by example. He is the kind of guy anyone in any business would want to go to war with. He gives 120 pct and all of his teammates see that.

So on the intangible side, Steve is incredibly valuable.

It’s also that kamikaze spirit and approach to the game that is Steve’s greatest weakness. The most improbable stat from Steve Nash is how few games he has missed in the last few years. I have seen the pain he goes through before, during and after games, yet he still manages to trot out there and play at an incredibly high level. To protect Steve, Nellie has tried to limit Steve’s minutes to 33 to 35 per game, with the goal of getting that number lower and lower every year. It’s why we drafted Devin Harris. It’s why we would draft a point guard at all. We have Marquis Daniels as our backup point. Yet we still felt that we needed to have another point guard on the roster. We wanted to have someone who could come in and play this year, plus be trained by Steve as our point guard of the future. This would allow us to use Steve more effectively and reduce his chance of injury. Our feeling was that we were fortunate that Steve had been so injury free. That it was only a matter of time before his style of play caught up with him. Between Marquis and Devin, we felt like we had taken the steps to not only protect Steve for this year, by not having to overplay him, but also we could extend his career because of the reduced minutes. We were going to have 3 point guards on the roster, all of whom we felt would be contributors.

With all that said, the issue still came down to how to determine what you pay any player. We had made the commitment to pay 3 point guards. But how much should I offer Steve?

Figuring that out is far more emotion and art than science. It’s Donnie and Nellie’s job to pick which players we go after. It’s my job to figure out how much to pay them.

In the pre-luxury tax days it was easier. If you made a mistake and overpaid someone, it wasn’t difficult to move him. Teams would take chances. I will trade your mistake for mine, and we can see what happens. Now, if a team is at risk of going over the tax threshold or the cap, they won’t make that move. Not only does the cost double for tax teams, but for non-tax teams, taking just a little bit more salary back than you gave up can mean the difference between being under the tax threshold and collecting millions, or being over the tax threshold and forfeiting your share of the tax money and paying a tax on top of that.

Not to get too far off topic, but the crazy thing is, no one in the NBA ever expected that the luxury tax would ever be activated. The league wouldn’t say it directly, but every capologist or GM in the league would tell you that the TV contract was going up in value every year. That meant the tax would be very unlikely to kick in. That is until the TV revenue stopped going up and in fact went down and the tax kicked in with a vengeance.Now that we have had two years of the tax and are looking at a 3rd, the amount of flexibility to move players with big contracts has fallen considerably, even for last year guys. Yes, deals can be done, but it is far more difficult. If you sign a player to a long term, high dollar contract, the expectation has to be that you will not be able to trade that person…ever. He will play out his contract. If at some point in that contract, the player no longer plays at the level he was at when the contract was signed, you have a huge problem.

The problem is not just how much money you have to pay. The bigger problem is that you start chewing up roster spots and you lose the ability to add players. For better or worse, because we “went for it” in making trades, hoping that the deals could get us to a championship, we have ended up with several players who don’t get much playing time with us, yet have contracts that are difficult if not impossible to trade. You can only have so many of those before you have zero roster spots available and you have to trade players who really do contribute in order to package them with less desirable contracts and free up spots that can be used to add draft picks or players signed with the mid-level or some other exception.

Lastly, there were two significant business variables that played a big part in how I decided what to offer Steve, or any other free agent for that matter. The first is that the Collective Bargaining Agreement is coming up for renewal by the end of this year. I have no doubt that there will be changes. If the changes are conservative financially, which I can guess that they will be, then high dollar players with older contracts will be even more difficult, if not impossible to trade. The 2nd element was that the national NBA TV contract expires in 4 years. We saw TV revenue decline with our last TV deal, and given the climate that exists in the TV biz today, until something changes, a reasonable businessperson would have to expect that there is a material chance that the dollar value of the next deal could be less and possibly even drastically less. If I’m wrong and the contract goes up, great. That’s gravy, and when it does I’m happy to give it to the players. On the flipside, if it doesn’t, and the league’s largest source of revenue declines — or even disappears — teams are still on the hook for those salaries. In what is probably the ultimate stupidity of any business I have been involved with, we sign contracts that are guaranteed for periods when none of our revenue sources are.

If you look at the Mavs’ contracts, only our rookies and soon Marquis Daniels have contracts that extend beyond the TV contract, and in each there is an opt out. In the event there is a draconian change in how we do business in the NBA, I should be ok. If the business of the NBA excels I have a boatload of cap room to reward Dirk, Marquis and the team and add new players.

Which brings me back to Steve. I had fears in terms of his durability. I had roster fears. I had the business fears cited above. I had to come up with a number. So I did the only natural thing, I tried to figure out what the other guys might pay him.

Every summer at this time, agents go to the media, or have their friends do it, and talk about how much in demand a player is. Every agent wants it in the media that every team wants his guy. There is always far more smoke than fire. The key is separating one from the other. Agents are a good source of information. There are quite a few that are straight up, just looking for a good deal for their guys. They will share information with you about their guys, and that in turn gives a good feel about what each team may or may not do. After making my calls and Donnie making his calls to friends and family around the league, we pretty much knew that the only team with a real interest in Steve was Phoenix. The Suns were out there telling everyone they were going after Kobe Bryant, but I just couldn’t see that happening. Mr. Colangelo had gone through a lot with his team a few years ago and I couldn’t see him dealing with the off-court uncertainty attached to Kobe. So I needed to try to figure out what the Suns might offer.

The Suns had just taken on new owners, so I didn’t know if they came in flush with cash, or would be conservative. So that didn’t help me. What I felt strongly about is that the Suns would want to add more than one player with their cap room. They were doing everything possible to maximize their cap space available, beyond what would be considered a max out amount, so that cemented that perspective. Looking at their roster, they probably were looking for a center to go along with their interest in Steve.

To gain the most flexibility with that cap room, after signing Steve, they would need to retain more cap space than the mid-level exception. The big problem is that although teams are out there saying how much cap room they have, they don’t really know how much cap room they have. The league doesn’t give us the cap number until we can start signing free agents.

楣豆 发表于 2004-7-5 10:05:00

Worse still, we can’t even really calculate or give a good guess on what the cap is. Roughly speaking the cap is League Revenues times .48, divided by 29. League Revenues have very specific inclusions and exclusions, and also include an 8pct fluff factor that has to be adjusted each year. So we can guess the cap, but we don’t know the cap. What we do know is salaries that each team is paying.

So I tried to figure out what the Suns could offer Steve. I knew that with salaries and cap hold, they had just under 30mm committed for the year. So if the cap would come in at a very generous 45mm dollars, they would have 15.5mm dollars in cap. For every dollar the cap came in less, their cap room would be reduced. We also knew that the mid-level exception would be around 5mm dollars (it’s based on average salaries, not revenues). So if they wanted to sign a 2nd player other than Steve, and they wanted to be able to offer more than the mid level of 5mm, that would use at least 5.1mm in cap room. So best case, the Suns would be able to offer 10.4mm to Steve in the first year.

That is the best case. The cap would have to come in at the high end, and they would have to be able to sign the player they want, at pennies over the mid-level exception (kind of what Seattle did to us with Calvin Booth). I then guessed — and this was completely a guess — that the Suns would want some cushion to sign the 2nd player and to protect themselves in case the cap came in lower than expected. So I guessed they would reserve 6mm dollars to get the 2nd player they wanted, and they would put the cap estimate at 44mm. That would reduce the dollars available to 44mm cap minus 35.5 committed (current salaries, 1 cap hold and 6mm for their 2nd player). That would mean a first year number of 8.5mm dollars.

If you start with 8.5mm and take it out from there with the annual increase allowed of 850k, that means for a 4 year deal the total is 39mm, for a 5 year deal the total would be 51mm. I talked to Donnie, I called some people around the league and asked what they knew and if my logic was sound and my numbers seemed reasonable, low or high. Without exception, all thought it was reasonable and there was no way the Suns went higher dollars or longer than 5 years. I knew there was a lot more guessing than fact involved. There was more emotion than facts, but that is the way it works. As I went to bed on the night of June 30th, I thought that the 5 yr/51mm deal was the best the Suns would consider offering.

The morning of July 1, as I got ready to go to Steve’s, I had determined that I would offer Steve 9mm dollars a year for 4 years, with a 5th year with half guaranteed, but he could get the 5th year fully guaranteed by playing enough games and minutes the year before. I was guessing we would end up doing 60 games and 20 minutes per game to get there. I thought it was very fair.

There was risk of Steve getting hurt. His contract being unmovable. I was going past the length of the TV deal and into the new CBA. But this was for Steve Nash. I would have preferred to stick to 4 years, but Duffy had been telling some people that he wanted more than 4 years and I thought this might be an ego point for the agent, so I offered the 5th year with the terms.

Donnie wanted me to offer 10mm a year for 4 years straight up. Both were fair offers. Both had lots of risk. I knew that I was going to let Steve see if he could get another offer, and I knew that Steve would give me the chance to match, and I would if I thought it was reasonable.

That morning we all met at Steve’s house. Some small chitchat and stories. It was emotional for me and Donnie and Steve. But we were here for business and we got started talking about the deal.

I told Steve directly that I wanted to be fair, and that I wanted to pay him more than any other team. I said that I didn’t want to negotiate against ourselves and play games. That if another team came in and paid him a max-like deal, what I called an extreme deal, outside the norm, then he would have to take it. There has only been 1 player ever over the age of 30 to get a max out deal or anything close and if Steve was the 2nd, more power to him. I would be happy for him. Then I gave him our offer.

He seemed very, very receptive to it. In fact, when Donnie and I left, we both felt very, very good about it. They were supposed to call us back over the next couple days because Steve wanted to go out of town.

In a normal business situation, this is not how I would handle it. If I were negotiating a big deal and offering to buy something for this much money, it would be make your decision now. If I walk out the door, the offer walks with me. That would not have been right in this case.

As Steve’s friend, if Duffy can get a team to pay him max out like dollars, Steve deserves to get it.

About dinner time that night I got a call. Donnie said I had to call Steve. I did. To make a long story short, Steve said he got an incredible offer from the Suns. He wouldn’t tell me the exact numbers, but every time I said a number, he said it was more. He said they flew down a whole group of people, including Amare Stoudemire to recruit him. He was calling because he felt like he owed me the opportunity to match it. I was stunned. I told him to give me a little bit of time to think it over and I would call him back. He was fine with that.

I called Donnie and told him the range of numbers that I had given Steve, and that the offer was higher. I think Donnie was as stunned as I was. Based on the ranges I had thrown out to Steve, this might not have been a max out deal, but it sure sounded like it was close. There was no way I was going to match it. The amounts were higher and the length was longer than I was willing to go for all the reasons I wrote about.

I really don’t know how long it was before I called back. It was amazing all the things that were going through my head. I felt sick to my stomach. I also knew that there was no way that the Suns had called Duffy that morning and arranged to have all those people come to town and meet with Steve. Duffy had set this thing up and knew exactly what was going to happen. In hindsight, I should have known when Duffy barely said anything during our meeting with Steve that something was up. I missed it. Not that it would have changed the outcome.

When I called back to talk to Steve, upset at having to tell him we couldn’t match, and that we wished him well, Duffy answered the phone. I confirmed some of the numbers that Steve had given me and the term. I told him that I didn’t think we could match the Suns offer. I then asked him if we could work out a sign and trade. He said he would ask the Suns, he put down the phone for a minute and came back and told me that they wouldn’t consider a sign and trade.

He obviously wasn’t my favorite person at the time, and I asked him when this Suns meeting got setup. He told me they had called that morning. I said there was no way, and he said, no wait, they called late last night. There was nothing more to our conversation than that. That said it all. I wonder how much he told the Suns we were offering Steve.

I then asked Duffy to put Steve on the phone. I wished Steve the best. I truly was happy for him as a friend and I told him so. He had additional financial security. It wasn’t easy for me. I knew it wasn’t going to be easy for anyone associated with, or fans of, the Mavs. It was Steve’s choice to leave for money. It was my choice not to pay him the money.

Now you have a better understanding of what went through my head as all of this happened. It may make sense; it may not. Let me assure you it was not easy at all. As I read through this again, I’m sure I will add and change it to reflect things that come to mind.

I feel better having written all of this, knowing that although Mavs and Nashie fans might not like the result, might not agree with my approach, might think I’m an idiot, but hopefully will know that I know this was an important decision that impacted all of us, and I thought each and every one of deserved to know what went on.

楣豆 发表于 2004-7-5 10:06:00

中文版(转),谢谢翻译者

“你怎么能就这么放Steve Nash走了呢?”在很长一段时间内,我都会面临这个问题。小牛队的球迷有充分理由知道这个答案。我将从逻辑上,感情上以及财政上给大家好好的分析一下这个问题,让大家知道为什么我们无法给他提供一份更好的合同让他留下,在达拉斯结束他的NBA生涯。

---在刚开始的时候....----.
当我刚接手小牛队的时候,Steve的名字经常出现在交易的流言之中。那个时候,他刚刚签了一份长合同,只是一个在10年没进过季候赛的队伍里的一个组织后卫,还没有被证明,还经常受伤。在NBA里,你常常会感觉到没有去做的的交易才是最好的交易。在99-00赛季,我们曾在几桩有可能的交易中加入了Steve的名字。在每一桩交易里,没有一个球队对他的长合同感兴趣。现在老回想往事也许是一件很傻的事。我常感觉到这就像昨天发生的一样。实际上这些事情都过去5年了。
人们常常感觉一年一年过去很快,但在NBA里,一个赛季一个赛季过得并不快。一个球员今天是一支烂队里交易不走的球员,明天可能他就是一支常进季候赛的球队里的明星球员。反过来也是这样。幸运的是,我们当时没有因为当时的愚蠢而付出代价。Donnie Nellie (小牛教练尼尔森)和我们见证了Steve的天赋和坚定不移的工作态度,见证了Steve的成功。
Steve从一个被达拉斯球迷们嘘,被认为是一个工资过高的球员,变成了一个两次入选全明星,人见人爱的球员。我对他也有过从怀疑到疯狂的这种变化。Steve对我和球队来说不仅仅是个球员,我们也是好朋友。我来这里第一年里,我们曾一起去过温哥华和凤凰城,他给我介绍了很多他的朋友,我和那些人到现在还都是朋友。他的朋友都很友善和风趣。甚至有的人称自己为“小睾丸”,还有人跟我们出去的时候穿的T恤衫上写着“我操了你的男友”。我和他在一起有过很快乐的时光,你怎么能不喜欢和这样的一个人交朋友呢?

我们一起参加全明星赛已经连续三年了,在那我们度过了快乐的时光。虽然在过去的一个赛季中我们的交流较少,但我们还经常保持电话联系,我也通过他给球队传达了很多信息。不管球队的战绩是好是坏,我们都能够互相信任的交流任何与球队有关的事情。过去一年对我们都不容易,我们交流得更多。这对我是一种帮助,对Steve也是这样。
我想这是以我的方式来表达我多想,多希望Steve能够永远在小牛队待下去。要让他一直留在这里牵涉到合同问题,牵涉到与经纪人的谈判,这都是给我们带来很多麻烦的地方。
在Steve有权选择延长合同的那一年里,我们的第一选择是跟他续签一份合同。当时我们首先跟他的经纪人Bill Duffy谈,跟他说我们希望与Steve延长合同。我们当时提供了一份符合规定的长达6年的合同。从财政上来说,我们提供了一份%12基数的合同(这意味着他的工资将逐年递增,递增的数量是他当时最后一年工资的12%)。Steve可以得到一份稳定的长期合同,也不用担心合同结束成为自由球员时意外受伤而导致身价降低。
Bill和Steve当时并没有接受这个合同,这也是可以理解的。这也意味着Steve已经做好准备选择成为自由球员。做为一个全明星球员,带领球队杀入了西区决赛,决定试探一下自由球员市场,这都是可以理解的。
当时我们都分别同意在赛季中不进行谈判。这对我来说是件好事,至少在他选择结束合同之前不会成为自由球员。这也能让媒体能够安静一段时间了。他们一遍又一遍问你相同的问题,你又一遍又一遍的重复相同的答案,你总会感到很烦,简直就是浪费大家的时间。
撇开媒体不谈,总的说来我和他的经纪人的关系并不好。我不喜欢他,他也知道。很多次我们都对他的球员表现出了兴趣,但是他总是首先和其他的球队谈判,甚至都不跟我们说一声。我不知道我们的关系为什么会这么不好,去年夏天的例子很好的说明了这一点。我们当时向他询问Olowakandi的情况,他告诉我们说用中产阶级条款很难签下Olowakandi。不久后他就和森林狼队签下了中产阶级的合同。这是他的选择,也许他都没有给Mike(Olowakandi)提起小牛队。
总的说来,我觉得我和Steve经纪人不好的关系导致了我们之间的一些误会。我不想让这些误会贯穿与整个赛季之中。事实上我们在赛季里也没有任何误会。

后来时间到了7月1号,在从这一天开始球队可以和自由球员谈判。
Steve和他的女朋友今年夏天选择了出国旅游。我们之间互相通了几封email。他告诉我他将在6月30号回来。
我们问Steve的经纪人他在新合同里想要多少钱?不出所料,他没有给出“他的价格”,而只是给我们发了一份传真。在这份传真里,他给我们出示了能够表现出球员能力的各种数据。所有的经纪人都喜欢这么做,这对我们这些生意人来说都是茶余饭后的笑料。这些传真都只是展现了球员好的一面,都不是关于球员所做的一份真实的评估。这些评估报告都带着危险的信号,因为他们都在和那些拿着顶薪的球员做比较。报告中所比较的球员没有Chauncey Billups,Sam Cassell,Jason Williams,Gary Peyton,Tony Parker以及Rafer Alston,这些做比较的球员只有一些拿着高工资的球员--Jason Kidd,Baron Davis,Mike Bibby等等。这些报告通常很危险,因为他们通常与这些球员来比较工资。
寻找一些证明Steve Nash是个好球员的数据很容易。这种数据有很多。Nash将来能对球队所作的贡献也不需证明。一份真诚的评估,还需要考虑到球队的状况和前景,还需要考虑到Steve或其他球员怎样才能最好的适应一直冠军球队。
在球场之外,Steve在更衣室里是一个很好的榜样。他和每个人都相处得很好。他不是一个在更衣室里经常发言的人,他也不会在更衣室里跟任何人发脾气。他不喜欢管闲事。他是我认为的那种安静的球队领袖。他靠实际行动来给球队树立榜样。他在训练中总是付出120%的努力,每个队友都可以看得出来。
所以在球场之外,他有着不可限量的价值。
Steve带着那种敢死队的精神上场比赛,从某种意义上说也是他的弱点。他过去几年很少因伤错过比赛。实际上有些比赛他都带伤上场,我曾经在一些比赛前后看到他克服伤痛的样子。有时候有伤他仍然坚持要上,在强度很大的情况下进行比赛。为了保护Steve,Nellie试着把他的比赛时间限制在33-35分钟/场,也计划让他的比赛时间逐年减少。这也是为什么我们今年选择了Devin Harris,为什么我们今年决定选择一位组织后卫。我们有Marquis Daniels可以打组织后卫,但我们仍然认为我们需要在阵容里再加上一个后备。我们需要一个今年就能打上比赛,并且能在Steve的指导下逐渐成长的年轻人,想让他发展成我们未来的组织后卫。这也可以让我们更有效地使用Steve,并且减少他受伤地机会。我们对过去几年Steve没受大伤而感到幸运。但我们感觉像他这种打球风格地人受伤是迟早地问题。有了Marquis和Devin,我们感觉我们不仅仅可以通过减少他的比赛时间来保护他,也可以让他的运动寿命尽量的延长。我们的阵容里将拥有三个组织后卫,他们都对球队有着重要的作用。
说了这么多,问题还是要决定最终付给球员多少工资。我们已经决定拥有三个组织后卫,那么我们应该给Steve多少呢?
这不像做科学,这里面包含了太多的情感和谈判艺术。选择球员是Donnie和Nellies的工作,而给这些球员多少工资,则是我的工作了。

在奢侈税之前,做这些决定很容易。如果你犯了个错误给了某人一份不值得的合同,想要把他弄走并不难。球队都会冒险去签一些大合同。现在,如果球队接近工资顶,他们就不会轻易的送出大合同。不仅仅是因为两倍的奢侈税,而且也因为解除合同后能够回收的很少。是否在工资帽以下在金钱方面会造成很大的差异。
可能有点偏题了,但不可思议的是,在NBA当初没有人认为奢侈税制度会实行。虽然联盟不会直接告诉你,但是每一个所谓的行家和球队经理们都在告诉你电视合同每年都在上涨。这意味着奢侈税也许不会被实行。直到电视赞助不再上涨反而下降,奢侈税制度真正开始了它的复仇行动。现在制度已经开始两年,正在进入第三年,巨额合同的球员交易已经越来越难。去年很多交易仍能进行,但是困难大了很多。
如果你和一个球员签一份长期的高薪合同,你就别指望能够以后能把他交换出去。他会一直打到合同结束,到时候他的水平很有可能与签合同时大不一样,你的麻烦就大了。
问题不仅仅时你准备给球员多少钱,更大的问题时大合同在你的阵容里占了很大的空间,你将很难再补充其他的球员。不管怎样,我们也曾通过交易造成了现在这种情况,我们曾经希望通过交易能给我们带来一个冠军。我们换来了一些打不上主力但又因为他们的大合同而很难被换走的球员。为了能把他们交易走,我们有时不得不搭上某些对我们很重要的球员,来获得更大的工资空间。我们可以利用这些来签一些新秀合同,或者中产阶级的合同。
最后,在我决定给Steve多大的一份合同里有两点因素很重要。一点是劳资协议(Collective Bargaining Agreement)将在年底更新。可以肯定新的变化将会产生。如果变化导致财政收缩,我预计会这样,那些年龄大又工资高的球员将更难被交换出去。第二则是国家电视合同再四年内将到期。电视台与联盟最近的谈判并不成功。除非事情发生变化,否则电视的退出将会导致财政上的进一步收缩。如果我的分析是错误的,球员工资提高。那很好,我也很高兴给球员提供更高的工资。但如果不是这样,联盟的赞助越来越少,甚至消失。球队仍然还没有摆脱那些合同。那将会成为我生意场上最愚蠢的失败。
如果你现在看一看小牛队的所有合同,只有新秀和Marquis Daniels的合同受到电视赞助的保护,他们在最后一年前都可以选择结束合同。如果由于各种变化导致管理NBA球队的方针要变化,我想我不会有任何问题。如果NBA的赞助前景光明,我将会有足够的空间来签下对球队很重要的球员,像Dirk,Marquis等,并且签入新的球员。

现在回到签Steve的问题上来。我对他的体力抱有疑问。我对球队阵容的完整性也有担心。我也有前面所述的一些担心。我必须给他提供一个报价。所以我做了一个很正常的分析,我必须知道其他球队准备给他出多少。
每年夏天的这个时候,球员的经纪人们都频频与媒体接触,或者通过他们的朋友跟媒体接触,谈论他们手下的自由球员需要多少多少。每个经纪人都想让媒体感觉到好像每个球队都想要他的球员。他们不惜煽风点火,挑拨离间。他们很少跟球队说得太清楚,而是在不停的帮他们的球员寻找最好的交易。他们会给你们透露球员的意向,告诉你其他球队会怎么样做。在我和Donnie打了一系列电话之后,我们了解到真正对Steve感兴趣的球队只有菲尼克斯太阳队。太阳队表面上对每个人说他们的最大目标是Kobe Bryant,但我根本就不认为他们会签下Kobe。Colangelo(太阳队总裁)过去几年随着太阳队起起伏伏,我不认为他会冒险去签下官司缠身的Kobe。所以我想弄清到底太阳队会给Steve提供怎样的一份合同。
太阳队刚刚换了老板,所以我不知道他们到底会大肆挥霍一把,还是采取保守政策。我所知到的是他们会用他们的工资空间签下不止一个球员。他们会尽量使用完他们的工资空间,因此我没有想到他们会给出顶薪。从他们的阵容结构来看,他们出了Steve还需要一个好的中锋。
如果他们签下Steve,那么他们至少还需要有足够的空间可以提供一份中产阶级条款的合同。一个最大的问题是,虽然每个球队都在考虑工资帽,但是没有一个人知道最终的工资帽是多少。联盟直到我们正式签署自由球员之前都不会给出一个具体数字。
更糟糕的是,我们根本无法计算甚至估计出最终的工资帽是多少。粗略的说,工资帽是资助额乘以0.48,在除以29。赞助额中又很多特例,而且还要包括8%的年度差异。所以我们只能猜测工资帽的多少,但我们无法知道多少。我们只知道每年的工资都得照付。
所以我想知道到底太阳队准备给Steve多少。我只到他们现在的工资额每年在$30 mil左右,如果工资帽在$45 mil的话,他们大约有$15.5mil可以用来签自由球员。如果工资帽减少,他们所用有的工资空间也会相应减少。我们也知道一份中产阶级的合同大概在$5 mil左右(这是由平均工资而不是赞助费决定的)。因此如果他们如果要签下除开Steve之外的另外一个球员,他们将会需要多于$5 mil的工资,这将至少是$5.1 mil。这样的话,太阳队将有能力给Steve提供一份第一年$10.4 mil的合同。
这是一种最好的估计。如果工资帽更高,他们将有能力以高于中产阶级的工资签下他们需要的球员(就像当年西雅图签下我们的Calvin Booth一样)。随后我就猜测,仅仅是猜测而以,太阳队会留下些余地签下第二个球员,以防工资帽比想象的要低。所以我估计他们会留下$6 mil去签第二个球员。如果他们估计工资帽会在$44 mil左右,这样他们就剩下大约$8.5 mil来签Steve。
如果第一年的工资是$8.5m,按每年0.85m的增长率,四年的工资将会是$39m,5年的工资将会是$51m。我和Donnie谈过,我也打电话问过其他人我的分析结果是否合理。不出意外的话,我认为太阳队不会给出更高的工资,或者给出多于5年的合同。我只到这里面猜测的成分比较多,但是我也只能这么做。在我6月30号上床睡觉之前,我觉得太阳队最多可以提供一份5年/$51m的合同。

7月1号早晨,我做好准备去和Steve商谈。我已经决定给Steve提供一份第一年$9m,4年保证,第5年半保证的合同。但是他需要第五年的合同也得到比赛场次和出场时间的保证。我觉得到时候可能在60场比赛,每场20分钟左右,我觉得这也很好理解,很公平。
我还要冒险保证Steve不会受伤。他的合同一旦签下将很难再移动。我准备暂时不考虑电视赞助以及CBA的一些问题。但是对Steve Nash,我更倾向于一份4年的合同。但是他的经纪人Duff向别人说他需要一份长于4年的合同。我认为这可能是经纪人考虑到自己的利益所做的决定,所以我给他提供了一份第5年有条件的合同。
Donnie希望我一上来就提供一份第一年$10m,长达4年的合同。这两种合同都很公平,但都要冒很多险。我只到Steve也会考虑其他球队的合同,我也知道Steve会给我一个机会来跟其他球队竞争,如果我认为合理的话,我也肯定会的。
那天早上我们在Steve的家里会了面。我们谈了很多,就个人感情方面我们也谈了很多。但我们也是去谈生意的,我们也是去谈一份合同的。
我直接高速Steve说我想公平的报价,我也愿意给出比其他球队更高的工资。我跟他说自己人不用钩心斗角地谈判。如果其他球队愿意给他一份顶薪合同,我把他称作终极合同,那正常情况下他会选择那份合同。很难想象一位球员在30岁以后还能得到一份顶薪或接近顶薪的合同。如果是那样的话,我会为他高兴的。在说清这一点之后,我提出了我的报价。
他看起来好像很尊重这个报价。事实上,当我和Donnie离开后,我们的自我感觉都很好。他们计划在两天之内给我们回电话,因为Steve两天后要出城。
在正常情况下,这是我通常处理事情的方式。如果我在谈一桩大生意或者用这笔钱买一个东西,我将很快就做出决定。如果我走出了门,就意味着交易成功。这件事确不是这样。
做为Steve的朋友,我认为如果Duffy能够让一个球队给他顶薪,那他完全配得上。

在那天晚饭时间我接到一个电话。Donnie要我马上给Steve打电话。我打了。长话短说,Steve说他收到了太阳队给他提供的一份不可思议的合同。他没有告诉我具体的数字,但每一次我说出一个数字,他都说比这还要高。他说太阳队来了包括Amare Stoudemire 在内的一个团的人。他跟我打电话因为他认为我有这个机会来决定是否给出相同的合同。我惊呆了。我跟他说给我一点时间考虑,我会很快给他回电话。他说可以接受。
我马上给Donnie打电话,告诉他了我给Steve提供的报价,也告诉他太阳队的报价要更高。我想他和我一样也大吃一惊。根据我给Steve的报价来分析,太阳队的合同就算不是一份顶薪合同,也肯定是非常接近了。这样的合同我是无法竞争的。工资的数额以及合同的长短都比我前面分析的我能接受的要高。
我已经不记得多长时间后我才给他回电话。我无法想象一瞬间我头脑中经历了那么多事情。我甚至感到有些想吐。我也知道太阳队不可能直到那天上午才给Duffy打电话安排见面,然后马上飞过来一批人与Steve见面。这一切肯定都是Duffy一手设计安排好了的。他早就知道了什么事情会发生。现在看来,在我和Steve见面时,Duffy很少说话,我当初应该早就看出之中有些蹊跷。但我当时没有意料到,不然也许结果会不一样。
当我给Steve打回去时,Duffy接了电话,我很难过的告诉他我们无法给出跟太阳队一样的合同,我们只能祝他好运。我确认了那份合同中的一些数字,我告诉他我们无法提供一样的合同。他放下电话,一分钟后回来跟我说,他们不会考虑先签后换的情况。
他当时显然不是我喜欢的人,我问他太阳队什么是后见的Steve。他告诉我是那天早上。我说不可能。他然后说,哦,等等,对,太阳队是昨天晚上打的电话。我们之后没有再谈什么。那句话已经说明了一切。我一直很想知道他到底跟太阳队说我们的报价是多少。
我跟Duffy说要Steve接电话。我祝他好运。我跟他说做为他的朋友我衷心祝福他。他有了财政上的安全感。这对我来说不是一件容易的事情。我只到对小牛的球迷以及任何有关的人都不是一件容易接受的事情。Steve为了钱而选择离开,这是他的选择。不愿意给他付出更多的钱,这也是我的选择。

现在你知道到底这件事是怎么发生了。你也许能够理解,也许不能。让我再一次强调,这不是一个容易接受的结果。我再一次回顾所发生的一切。以后如果我再想到什么,我会再写出来。
写完这些后,我感决好些了。我只到小牛和Nash的球迷可能会很不喜欢这个结果,会不同意我的做法,认为我是个傻瓜。但我希望你们理解,这对我们来说都是个影响巨大的决定。我认为你们每个人都有权知道到底发生了什么。

楣豆 发表于 2004-7-6 08:35:00

以下是引用楣豆在2004-7-5 8:25:00的发言:
Kobe的代理人告诉太阳队,kobe肯定要留在洛杉矶,
如果他亲手选择的教练Krzyzewsky能够成功在湖人执
教,他会留在湖人队;否则就是他的第二选择:洛杉
矶快船;

响应科比同志的号召,湖人给这位杜克大学的传奇教练开出5年4000万美元的天价

但遗憾的是,昨天这位老兄已经正式拒绝了湖人的邀请

看来科比同志只能去快船了,吼吼

ESPN的新闻标题是“No K in lakers”

琴瘦 发表于 2004-7-6 09:33:00

这孩子怎么着都不离开繁华之地…………

楣豆 发表于 2004-7-6 14:25:00

美联赛报道,JAZZ已经与受限制自由人OKUR和GIRICEK达成初步协议,合同条款未对公布,OKUR的合同据信是6年4200万-4800万.

柳如烟 发表于 2004-7-6 17:53:00

我kao~库班的解释真长~哇卡卡~~

总结出来只有一句话:有天价合同为什么不去?为什么不?

何况老板很可能把他换去湖人……

PS:纳什打球的疯狂劲头……闷骚的一个人……
偶就是稀饭闷骚的疯子~

[此贴子已经被作者于2004-7-6 18:14:15编辑过]

柳如烟 发表于 2004-7-6 18:30:00

去年这个时候关于转会的说法,现在看实在是……

纳什懒洋洋地坐在小牛队主场美联航体育中心的更衣室里接受了《达拉斯晨报》的采访,他说:“如果一切顺利,这将是双方都乐意看到的。一旦双方遇到问题,我会把全部事情都交给比尔-达菲(纳什的经纪人)。我会保持健康的身体,使自己变得越来越年轻,球队现在一年比一年好,我还能做些什么呢?很多东西都是我无法控制的。”

纳什在小牛队度过了辉煌的历程,在这期间两次入选全明星阵容。他在接受采访时表示非常珍惜与小牛队的合同,并且保证在赛季结束后与小牛队续约将不会有任何问题。小牛队的训练营也将在两周后开营,从那时起,纳什将会把注意力从自己的合同转移到训练中来,他将与他的队友们努力训练使小牛队的备战更加充分。

小牛队的老板库班说:“我与俱乐部一样非常的喜欢史蒂夫,我们会想尽一切办法留住他,直到史蒂夫退役。”

现在事情明摆着,在组织后卫这一位置上,许多人拿的钱都要高于他,像霍华德-艾斯利、查利-沃德、达蒙-斯塔得达迈尔以及特雷尔-布兰德。布兰登在亚特兰大已经逐渐失去了主力位置,并且由于受伤在上赛季缺席了很多场比赛。斯塔得达迈尔是目前联盟组织后卫中拿钱最多的人,不过他不到38%的命中率显然对不起自己的收入。

在其他后卫中,贾森-基德和斯蒂芬-马布里在得分和助攻方面比纳什稍高一筹,不过这两人在上赛季拿到的薪水都超过了1300万美元。面对如此大的反差,纳什并没有抱怨,他相信小牛队会做出明智选择的,球队会开出一份诱人的合同在等他。

纳什说;“组织后卫对为球队带来多少变化?有能带来巨大差别的人吗?如果我们有贾森-基德,你认为我们就一定能夺得总冠军吗?并不见得。我想知道如果没有我,球队将会驶向何方?”

《达拉斯晨报》记者感慨的表示如果小牛队失去纳什很可能会变成一座“断桥”。

[此贴子已经被作者于2004-7-6 19:00:58编辑过]

楣豆 发表于 2004-7-6 19:18:00

以下是引用柳如烟在2004-7-6 17:53:00的发言:
我kao~库班的解释真长~哇卡卡~~

真的很长,我看了20分钟就看不下去了,还好有牛人翻译成中文--我对他的景仰之情犹如滔滔江水........

PS,库班的口才真的粉不错

柳如烟 发表于 2004-7-6 19:42:00

估计最近给球迷骂的很惨~~哇卡卡

幻梦冰翔 发表于 2004-7-6 20:24:00

奥库居然值一年700-800万……不会是下一个奥斯特塔格吧~~
至于克罗地亚的射手吉里塞克,真的一般~~
太阳队下一个赛季可以组成纳什,乔约翰逊,马里昂,斯塔德迈尔与沃斯库尔~~
除了中锋烂一点外,还是比较可观的,另外很重要的一点是,太阳队还有大笔的薪金上限~~
页: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
查看完整版本: 巴特尔实现NBA再就业